Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University
OSU Police

Department of Public Safety

Reporting Crimes

To report a crime in progress, call 911, or use one of the outside blue emergency telephones located across campus. Contacting the OSU Police will result in a response from police, fire, ambulance, or other first responder.

Victims of crimes are encouraged to make a report about the incident to OSU Police or the appropriate law enforcement agency as promptly as possible. To report a crime, a victim or witness should call the police and an officer will meet them to begin an investigation. An official report is made with copies available to the victim. In addition, the victim of a serious crime can request support personnel such as ministers, counselors, the university's sexual assault victim's advocate or a domestic violence agency representative during or after making the report. Victims of crime may also be eligible for funds through victim compensation laws administered by the Office of the Payne County District Attorney.

Each day an activity summary listing the incidents reported on campus is published. Please visit to view an activity summary. These statistics are eventually turned over to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that in turn provides the information to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Each year, the FBI publishes a book of crime statistics called "Crime in the United States," which includes accurate accounting of the criminal incidents which occurred on the OSU Stillwater campus. OSU has reported crime statistics in this manner since the FBI began publishing campus crime statistics in 1971. The university is also federally required to publish an annual safety report which is also available at